The simple things in my life are also the greatest joys I have...my boys. All three of them.
Monday, January 9, 2012
I love this week's shot. It could have been sharper, it could have been better lit, but it could not possibly have better shown the pure love of father and son. Michael was deployed when Parker was this age, so he is experiencing much of this for the first time, and it is beautiful to watch!
I hope you enjoy!
at 12:14 AM
Sunday, January 8, 2012
A new photo challenge! Yay! I love this one, because it urges you to stop and look at "The Simple Things' in life.
Day in and day out, my boys show me those things. I get so much joy out of something as simple as seeing them smile. I don't know how you can be a mother and NOT take pleasure in "The Simple Things", but this challenge, hosted by Simple As That also urges you to take pictures of them! Not that I needed any urging! :0)
So, here is this weeks entry! I hope you enjoy, and that you join in!
at 11:52 PM
Friday, January 6, 2012
So, here's a new game I'm hosting over on my photography blog: Life Through My Lens. It's called A Week Through My Lens, and here is how you play:
1. Keep your eye out during the week for interesting things to take photographs of. It doesn't matter who or what it is, the idea is to be out there taking pictures.
2. Every weekend blog about a week through your lens. Show off your pictures in a collage or just in a long post. Again, it doesn't matter how many. One great photograph is just as good as 100 great photographs. Share the story of your week in words or just let the pictures tell the story...doesn't matter. Just get those pictures in a blog! Make sure you put my A Week Through My Lens button in the blog somewhere, or at least a link back to Life Through My Lens.
3. Go back to Life Through My Lens and link up your blog post. (Please leave a link to your A Week Through My Lens post, not just your blog!)
4. Check out some of the other people who have linked up and see what they did this week! Make it fun for everybody!
5. The most important part...HAVE FUN!
How simple is that? And I think it will be a blast!
at 11:49 PM
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I really, really, really would love to win the contest going on right now over at Crave Photography! She's giving away a FREE lens to her lucky grand prize winner, but even if you don't get that you could dtill win an online Photoshop mentoring sessions! Fun right? (Though I really want that lens!!!)
at 11:17 PM
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
I have a wonderful husband! He would be wonderful even if he never bought me anything, but I am lucky in that I have a wonderful husband who also likes to spoil me.
Ever since I had Parker I have wanted an amazing camera. If you couldn't tell, I have always liked taking pictures, and I never want to miss a minute. I have always had pretty good cameras, but I've had my eye on a Canon Rebel since hearing about them from one of my friends who also takes a million pictures of her children.
Well, I have one!
at 4:13 PM
Monday, January 2, 2012
This week's Show Off Your Shot is actually from earlier today. Mommy got to try out her skills at making home made baby food (brown rice), and Sebastian got to be my
guinea pig lucky taster!
He seemed enthusiastic about it...even if he does look a little, er, alarmed?
at 1:26 AM
Another year down and a new one beginning. Another chance for everyone to make those resolutions that they don't keep and then feel guilty for...until the new year when they do it all over again.
Not me. Not this year. This year, I'm sticking to them. After all, I'm not making any promises that I can't keep. And honestly, who am I letting down if I don't keep them. It's not just me anymore. I'm not in the habit of letting down my boys, and these are for them.
at 1:09 AM