Friday, July 11, 2014

The Gender Prediction Project Two: Part Eight

Woo hoo! With the help of your suggestions and a fevered search of Google for something I haven't tried already, we're able to continue these sex predictions into an eighth post! Fun, fun! With 3 months or so to go, I'm truly having a lot of fun with this. I have no idea how accurate any of these are. Even the ones that were 100% accurate with the boys were very likely a fluke, but I think it's exciting just to guess at this point. We'll know for sure soon enough, but until then I'm ready to do some more predicting! 



Your Child's Hairline

I actually knew about this one when I was pregnant with Bash. I'm not sure why I didn't include it in the first Gender Prediction Project, but I'm going to add it now. I hope you play along. ;) 

Unfortunately, this is one of those methods of prediction, just like the First Word, that can only be done if you already have a child. I apologize to all the FTMs (first time moms) out there, but this one won't work for you. Try not to be too disappointed though. The other methods I am going over today do apply to you, and you can store this one away for when you are expecting number two. :)

Apparently, this is an old method used by Native American's to determine a baby's sex. Look carefully at the hairline of your first child. If it goes strait across at the neck the sex of the baby following that child will be the same. If their hair line comes to a point the sex of the following child will be the opposite of the child you are looking at. For example, we have determined that the hair at the back of Parker's neck goes strait across. (Though I had to ask Michael's opinion too just to be sure. The way his hair curls made it a little harder for me to be 100% sure on my own.) This means that our second child should have been another little boy, which ended up being 100% accurate for us.

Without a doubt, Bash's hair goes across in a strait line. (He doesn't share his brother and Daddy's curls so far.) There isn't even a hint of a point to his hair line, which means that Baby Bean should come out a little boy too. Not much longer until we find out for sure. :)


Look Into My Eyes

Actually, look into yours if you are wondering if your new baby is going to be a little lass or a lad. A quick peek in the mirror can tell you what color to paint the nursery. (Disclaimer: Do not paint your nursery based on this, or any, method of gender prediction. Even ultrasounds in this day and age can be wrong, so chances are the Old Wives aren't going to have it right more than 50% of the time! I repeat, do not start painting!) 

If you have a "V" or "Y" shaped vein on the bottom of your left eye, you are expecting a little girl! If you have one on the right eye, you are carrying a little boy. If you have a "V" or "Y" shaped vein on both eyes you might want to sit down, because you are expecting twins...or a girl. No veins? I can't help you. Sorry. 

I didn't know about this one during my previous pregnancies, so I have no previous predictions using this method. This time around I found that my left eye has some impressive veins, but none that resemble a "V" or "Y". However, I have a very obvious "V" at the bottom of my right eye. Based on that, we'll be having a little boy in about 13 weeks. (Give or take.) 


Look Into My Eyes...Again

If you aren't sick of peering at yourself in the mirror yet, because a lot of these prediction methods seem to concentrate on one part or another of our general appearance don't they, go take another look. Pay particular attention to your pupils this time. If, after looking at yourself in the mirror for a full minute (awkward staring contest for the win!), your pupils have dilated you are having a boy. If they have stayed the same you are having a girl. 

Again, I'd never heard about this one with the boys, so I have no previous predictions to base the accuracy of this legend on. I did say I was game for anything though, so I had to try. I can't see how this would matter to your baby's sex at all. Scientifically, your pupils dilating (or not) would have to do with how much light is in the room, yes? Still, I sat there, staring at my eyeballs in the mirror for over a minute, waiting to see what would happen. My conclusion...not a darned thing. There was no noticeable change to my pupils in the time I looked, making this a prediction for a little girl come October. First girl prediction of the post award!


High or Low

Quickly scanning my first Gender Prediction Project Wrap Up shows me that I never did this one, which shocks me. I've always known about it, and can tell you exactly how I carried with both boys, so I'm really surprised I didn't include it the first time around. I'll make up for it by including it this time, complete with how it added up with both the boys. 

This one is simple. Look down. Are you carrying your baby way up high where you can hardly take a breath? You're having a girl. Is the baby settled down low in your abdomen? A little boy. Couldn't be easier, right? Wrong, at least in my experience. I carried high for both boys. There isn't a thing I can do about it. Many mothers I have talked to will speak with great joy about the moment their baby "dropped" days or weeks before labor enabling them to finally take a full breath again and enjoy filling their lungs fully. Never. Happened. Here. With both boys I carried high, and they stayed high until it was go time. Even my doctors have commented on it with both pregnancies. I can tell you to the second the moment that Bash "dropped", because it was when my water broke, and I was fairly sure that he had also broken my pelvic bone. (He didn't, but OUCH!) 

This has been 100% incorrect with both boys. I carried both boys very high, and neither of them "dropped" until I was actually in labor. (Which resulted in a very painful episode when my water broke with Bash and he dropped into my pelvic bone like a lead weight!) Bean implanted very high too, high enough that my RE commented on it at the very first ultrasound, but I feel much of his/her major movements lower than I am used to. This could be because s/he seems to like settling down in the breech position though, tush on my bladder. I'm also feeling more pressure lower down than I did at this point with the boys. I don't remember having pelvic pain this early on with the boys, but it's been going on for weeks already with Bean. I am only 27 weeks, so I suppose this could change, but I do feel like Bean is lower than his/her brothers this time around, which would predict a little boy for us. Given my history with this particular Old Wive's tale I am not convinced. 



That's 3 for a boy and 1 for a girl this post! The total predictions so far between all eight GPP posts stand at 27 predictions for a boy and 14 predictions for a girl. We'll see for sure in just about three months! I can't wait!


Sneaky Momma Blog Design

*Disclaimer: This, and all posts for The Gender Prediction Project, is something I am doing for fun. I am not a doctor, and I make no claims that these methods of sex prediction work. This should in no way shape or form be taken seriously. Please do not go out and buy clothes, furniture, toys, paint, or wallpaper based on any of the prediction methods you see here. These blog posts should be taken with a grain of salt, and if you choose to participate in them along with me, realize that there is no way to know the sex of your baby 100% until they are in your arms and you are looking at the evidence with your own two eyes. Even ultrasounds can be wrong, so join in at your own risk! ;) Happy predicting!*

Photobucket

No comments: