Thursday, May 10, 2012

Parker's Birthdays: A Look Through The Years

Last month, my baby turned three. That blows my mind. It truly does seem like only yesterday I was bringing him home. Now I have this very articulate, happy, smart little boy in my life who makes every day an amazing adventure for me. 

There was a lot going on at the time, so I didn't get to write a blog post about his third birthday. It was a blast though. I don't even have all of the pictured edited yet, but I will be sure to get a post up when I do. Until then, I thought that I might do a post just looking back at the years. With everything going on, I need a little reminder of the good times. 

So here we go. Parker's birthdays: A look through the years.

On April, 13, 2009 our first baby boy was born into this world. I had never seen such a beautiful little being in my entire life.


For his first birthday, Parker actually got three parties. We had a little get together at our house on the actual day of his birth with just "framily". For that he got a smash cake.


 He is just too darn adorable, don't you think? I don't know what I would do with three of him, but sometimes it feels like I have three. lol.

A few days later he got a birthday party. We had a blast, but I learned how very exhausting birthday parties can be for parents. No wonder we didn't have a lot of huge parties when we were kids growing up. His party was an Eric Carle theme. (We love books in this house!)


I designed his invitation, and a second one for the following month. We went home to Ohio for the first time in 2.5 years the following month and we decided to have a party there too for friends and family. This time, while I made the invitations, I didn't make the cake. My grandmother did those. She blows anything I try to do out of the water.

The tiger was our full sized cake and the monkey was his smash cake. Good times.


A year later we were actually back in Ohio because Daddy was deployed, so we didn't have a big huge party. No invitation, no large group, just some family with balloons and a cake. Again, the cake was made by my amazing grandmother and was one of his favorite things...trains.



This year, three years old, we were getting ready for another deployment. Even preparing for that, we wanted to have a big party for him. We'd been to several birthday parties this year, and he was asking about when his was going to be for several months before it actually arrived. 

Ever since we even began talking about children, Michael and I had agreed that our children would get a Power Wheel for their 3rd birthday. He got one this year, and in honor of that we had a car theme for his party. Because he loves "good guy cars" (police cars) and the color red, his cake was a red and white police car, complete with headlights and a siren. (Thanks to electronic savvy Daddy.) 

I can't believe my baby is three. *sniff* We are so blessed. I love him so much. I am looking forward to all the years in our future. He's already asking about his next birthday. I wonder what theme we'll have next year.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOVE his shirt! Where did you get it?