Saturday, February 6, 2016

My Space

Do you remember My Space?! I imagine that there will be a time in the future when Michael and I are talking about My Space and our children give us a look like we are sooooo old! Of course, by then they will probably be communicating with their friends via electronic chips implanted inside their temple or something. My Space and Facebook will probably seem like ancient technology if they even know what it is.

Anyways, I'm not referring to that My Space when I say "My Space" though. I'm actually talking about a space that is mine. As an adult you might think that the entire house is my space, but it's just so far from the truth. Once, long ago, before littles, maybe. It's my space no more though. Instead, everything is shared space, including our bed. I don't mind either. They are little for such a short amount of time. However, I have been longing for a small office space where I can work on writing, photography, Scentsy, and home schooling. I've had a desk for years, but it's been taken over by the printer for the last 12ish months. No more! As of today the desk has been moved upstairs into a corner of our bedroom, and I'm working on turning it into my special space. A space I can write at, edit pictures at, work at, and just sit and sip on coffee looking like I'm doing something important. In fact, I'm writing this from my space right now! It's not close to done, but I really look forward to making it shine. I'll share it when it's all done, but I couldn't resist a sneak peek.

Of course, the very first thing I had to do was to fill up a little bit of my space with the people who make it all worth while! (And there is my sign! Remember? I told you I'd get it in my office space eventually!)




No comments: