Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Color Outside the Lines

The Target Dollar Area struck again! It rarely misses. Today I almost got away. We were rounding the corner, preparing to head out into Target Proper for the rest of what we came for, when something caught the corner of my eye. I turned my head, and that was it. It ended up in the cart, and the Target Dollar Area scored yet another point in the little game we play every time I walk in. 

I think our current score is Target: 447  Holly: 3 or something very similar. I have no regrets!




Right now it is on the headboard, but it won't stay there. I was thinking it needed to be in my "office". Of course, my office is currently my desk shoved into a corner of the dining room between the table and an ottoman, so now I have decided that I need a proper office space that is beautiful and just screams "Holly works here, and she's awesome!" I have a hard time working up any enthusiasm for home projects when we know good and well that we could very likely be somewhere else in 8 months, but I'm going to try. 

Years tend to have themes around here. A personal anthem or motto that I chant to myself when I need a little extra boost. 2014 was the year of "Bloom Where You Are Planted", a theme that I took from Kelle Hampton over at Enjoying the Small Things, but it seemed appropriate for a year that held so much for us, including another multi-state move and a new baby! 2015 was they year of "Just Survive", and I'm still not sure I did. It was a rough year, but we're standing here on the other side of it, so I guess "Just Survive" must have helped.

As I've already mentioned, it might be another year for a "Bloom Where You Are Planted" motto, because we have been told that it is likely that we'll be PCSing again by Autumn. I suppose we can have a combination motto, but I've decided that 2016 is going to be the year of "Color Outside the Lines". I used to be able to do that. I used to have fun dancing to my own beat. Somewhere over the last few years that has faded away though. Not this year. This year we're going to color outside the lines more without worrying about that kid next to us telling us that our picture looks sloppy or that the sky can't be made up of rainbow colored polka dots! Our picture will be beautiful and original and so full of bright, bold lines that you won't be able to tell where we've gone outside or inside or upside down or sideways! 

2016
The year of Coloring Outside the Lines
and Blooming Where You Are Planted

I like it! 

Happy Epiphany, everyone. It's time to think about taking down the Christmas decorations now. Not my favorite thing to do, but it's time. I'll probably wait until Michael is on his off days so that I have extra help. That's a good excuse for waiting, right?

No comments: