Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mini Me

About once a week I decide that my usual cleaning routing for the kitchen isn't good enough, and I give it an extra special scrubbing which includes the tiny crevices under the cabinets that the broom and mop can't seem to get into. This week today was the magic day, and so I found myself on my hands and knees in the kitchen shortly after breakfast while the boys watched a little Peg + Cat and Eleanor played with some of her toys.

Except suddenly she was there next to me with wipes in her hand. She held them out to me, then pointed and babbled until I took one out for her too. Nothing was safe! She wiped down the floors, she wiped down the dishwasher, the cabinets, the baseboards...Even poor Chewy was found to be in need of a clean. Every once in awhile she would stop and look at me, and this huge, toothy grin would break out across her face making her cheeks round and rosy and her eyes turn into sparkling blue slits. We were doing something fun. She was big stuff, and Mommy knew it too. She was so proud to be doing exactly what I was doing.

The boys went through this stage too. Sometimes they still do, but most days I feel like I'm ripping out my hair to get them to clean up. The do it, but there are a lot less happy grins about it now.

I love this stage. I love this age. I'll drink it all in, because, oh my, how I will miss it when it's gone.


**Excuse the photo quality. My cell phone was the only thing close at the time, and I worried that if I ran to grab the camera she might stop.**




No comments: