Saturday, January 30, 2016

Snowmageddon 2016

It's winter in Colorado. This means that we've spent quite a bit of time inside lately. Even when we don't have snow (and we don't have as much as you'd think) the wind cutting over Pike's Peak is often blowing too hard and too frigid to spend a lot of time outdoors. 

The last few days have been spring like though. Not shorts weather by any means, (though Parker has tried) but the boys have been able to wear only their fleeces while they build elaborate obstacle courses in the back yard. 

They say it's just the calm before the storm though, because apparently Snowmageddon 2016 is knocking on our door tomorrow. I've certainly commented before that I'm surprised how they handle snow out here. A couple of inches is treated like a couple of feet would be back home, and I guess I expected people living at the base of a mountain range to be more used to it. They aren't. The lines at the grocery stores reached all the way back to the dairy section today as everyone stocked up for the end of the world. 

We avoided that, and instead decided to play out front while we could. The boys ran over to get their friends two doors down, and The Lady ran up and down our front walk laughing with delight. Every time she reached me she'd throw her arms around me as if she hadn't seen me in weeks. It's lovely to feel so special! 


She loves the wind!

After awhile she decided she'd run after her brothers and their friends, (who were just so sweet to her too) and I chatted with their mama as it got obviously cooler. Maybe there is something to this Snowmageddon thing after all. I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm predicting 2-3 inches tops, and utter chaos because of it too. We'll see. If you don't hear from me I'm probably dancing in the middle of the street singing Do You Want to Build a Snowman? at the top of my lungs. 

No comments: