Monday, August 11, 2014

The Gender Prediction Project Two: Part Eleven

We have a little less than two months to go before Baby Bean will be here Earth side. As a matter of fact, yesterday was exactly two months until my "due" date, though I am not sure the baby cares about predicted dates much. The boys certainly didn't. (Though Parker was closer than Bash was by quite a bit.) I am very excited, and a little impatient, but I have a lot to keep me busy in the next 8 weeks. (Including finishing up the nursery, Parker starting school, and our Halloween costumes.) Bean can take all the time s/he needs. As much as I look forward to holding him/her, I'm not in a rush either. I'm enjoying being pregnant.



Can't Get Enough OJ!

Who knew that juice cravings could help you figure out your baby's sex? The Old Wives knew. ;) If you can't get enough of the sweet, fruity drink (pulpy or not, doesn't matter) then you are expecting a little girl. If you absolutely hate orange juice and everything it stands for, you can expect a little boy. It doesn't make sense, but I think it is safe to say that I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't have to with these predictions. They just are what they are. 

I've never hated orange juice, but I don't remember craving it more than usual with the boys. Of course, no one said you had to crave it, just that you had to like/love it. I suppose that makes this tale one that has been completely wrong for us so far. I've enjoyed, and even craved, a fair amount of OJ during Bean's gestation, which would mean that I should be having a little girl in just a few short weeks. 


Pinocchio

This prediction has nothing to do with your nose getting longer, but everything to do with it getting wider. (Why do so many of these predictions have to do with your looks?! Maybe it's not just in recent years that society has had an obsession with how women look. Hmmm.) If your nose looks the same as it did before you got pregnant then you will be having a little lady. If your nose has gotten wider or spread then it is because you are having a little lad

I can only assume that this would have something to do with hormones or water retention. I'm guessing though. I really have no clue. I also have no experience, as my nose never spread with either boy, making this another prediction with a 0% accuracy rate for us. This time around...Well, judge for yourself.


I don't think my nose has widened at all during this pregnancy. I feel that it looks the same as it always has, so I call this prediction for a little girl. I guess we'll see soon. 


Oh, My Head!

Headaches are a real pain. (Ha! I made a funny!) It can be even worse when you are pregnant, because you have to sit there, head pounding, trying to figure out if you have any kind of pain relief in your medicine cabinet that is safe for pregnancy. (And you never seem to either! Or maybe that's just me...)

Headaches are no fun, but they might lend you some insight about the sex of your unborn baby. Rumor has it that having no headaches is a very promising sign for a little girl in your future. If your can't seem to shake those headaches no matter what you do, it's because you're having a little boy

This one has been about 50% accurate for both of my previous pregnancies. I had several migraines with Parker that left me in bed for the entire day, and he is most certainly a little boy. I don't think I had even one headache while pregnant with Sebastian, and he is also very much a boy. This pregnancy the headaches have been unforgiving. I've had at least 2 a week, and they don't seem to have any idea why. I look forward to delivering, and hope that will bring them to an end, even if it doesn't bring me another little boy


Mugs & Jugs

This actually has nothing to do with jugs, though I suppose the same tale could apply to an old jug with a handle. Much like the tale about how a mother picks up a key, this OWT wants to know how you pick up your mug. If you grab it by the body it means a little girl and if you grab it by the handle it means a little boy

Since I am usually drinking a hot beverage if I am drinking it from a mug I almost always would pick it up by the handle. Just makes sense, right? Because of that, I guess I can say that this has a 100% accuracy rate  for us so far. I can also say that it is predicting that we will have another little boy in two months, but this seems like rather flimsy logic to base my child's sex on. Of course, it's not like most of these OWTs seem to be rooted in deep logic either, so I'm not sure that matters much at all.

All this talk of mugs has made me want some tea though. :)



Another week, and another strong push for team blue. (Isn't it always?) With 2 predictions for a little boy against 2 predictions for a little girl, this week is split 50/50. If we add it to the previous weeks though, the boys still have an impressive lead, with 33 total predictions for a boy vs. only 19 predictions for a little girl. I'm starting to doubt that the ladies will have a chance to catch up in the few weeks we have left, but it will be fun to see what happens! 

Until next week, happy predicting!


Sneaky Momma Blog Design

*Disclaimer: This, and all posts for The Gender Prediction Project, is something I am doing for fun. I am not a doctor, and I make no claims that these methods of sex prediction work. This should in no way shape or form be taken seriously. Please do not go out and buy clothes, furniture, toys, paint, or wallpaper based on any of the prediction methods you see here. These blog posts should be taken with a grain of salt, and if you choose to participate in them along with me, realize that there is no way to know the sex of your baby 100% until they are in your arms and you are looking at the evidence with your own two eyes. Even ultrasounds can be wrong, so join in at your own risk! ;) Happy predicting!*

Photobucket

No comments: