Saturday, June 18, 2011

Flashback...Saturday?

I missed it. I missed Friday. It was yesterday you see, and I had something very important to do...Which is actually what inspired this week's Flashback. 

Years ago, Michael started working with this young kid named Chris at Elsas. Turns out we all had a lot of the same interests and enjoyed doing the same things to pass our time, so we started hanging out together as a group. Very long story short, Chris is now one of our best friends. He's the Godfather of both of our children, and when we left Ohio for Idaho, he was one of the people we missed most.

Fast forward to last May and our first trip home to Ohio since moving to Idaho in 2008. We were over the MOON to get to see Chris again, and he had added Shelly to his life. Shelly, like Chris, is an amazing person, and the 4 of us clicked without an issue. Not to mention, all it took was seeing Chris with Parker once to know we had picked the perfect Godfather for him. He looked at Parker like he was the most amazing person in the world...which of course, Michael and I agreed with. It was great all of us getting to spend time together, and it was the last time the 4 of us were together all in the same place.





When I came back this Summer I was thrilled to get to spend time with Chris and Shelly again...unfortunately, we didn't get to spend as much time as I would like to, and now we're out of time. Monday they will be moving down to Florida, and for some reason that is hitting me really hard. (Their goodbye party was last night, which is why I missed flashing back on Friday.) It won't really be any different from us being in Idaho and them being in Ohio, except that we won't see them when we come home for visits. 

I guess we'll just have to make it a point to be in Florida sometime next Summer. 

Good luck guys! We love you, and will miss you!




Photobucket

No comments: