Monday, February 21, 2011

Just Another Mama Monday

Time for another Mama Monday, hosted by the wonderful Toddler Awesome blog! It is a great way to meet other blogging mommies and share a little information about yourself!

Every week you get not only a "theme" of questions to answer, but a weekly "task" for you to do, just for yourself! I admit, I completely didn't complete my task for last week. I guess I get an "F", but I can't remember teh last time I took a buble bath! I am pretty sure this weeks task doesn't have a hop in heck of getting done either, but I will try to do my best. So, on to this week's questions:


1. How did you come to have a 'mommy blog'?
2. What do you do?  Do you WAH or homeschool etc?
3. Have you read any parenting books or do you 'go it alone'?
 
1. I don't know that I started out with the goal to have a "Mommy Blog", but being a mommy is such a big part of my life that it certainly dominates the majority of my posts. I enjoy blogging. It is a way for me to journal without having to have an actual journal. I can get more written out and am more likely to keep up with a blog, so it's what I do.

2. I am a degree holding SAHM. Before this life, I was a teacher of some amazing children! I miss teaching, but there is no better job than the one I currently have. After all, I'm still teaching, it is just more of a one on one experience. We are blessed to be in the position that I can stay home with my child...soon to be children...and I am so thankful to God for this opportunity! I am also a proud Air Force wife, and I can't imagine a different life for us an dour family!

3. I don't really read any parenting books, but I wouldn't call it going it alone either. I use a lot of the experiences I had teaching and while getting my degree to this day with my son. I also spend a lot of time talking to my mother and grandmother to figure out how I can do things better. lol! I also have an amazing support system in a group of friends I met online while pregnant with my son! They are some of my best female friends, and a well of knowledge and information! It's all a learning experience, and I am learning something new every day!


THIS WEEK'S TASK:
This week make a massive effort to wear makeup everyday.... even if it is just some lipgloss and mascara. The days that I make an effort to put on some makeup, I always feel nicer than the days I don't! Even if you aren't going anywhere that day, it is nice to feel cute!
 
Come join in!
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

paul said...

Life Experience Degree
..What is going on Monday.

Mama on a Green Mission said...

I'm follow from this week's hop! I'd love for you to stop by and follow when you get a moment! :)

Happy Monday!
April
http://greenmissionmama.blogspot.com