Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Gender Prediction Project: Entry 2

I had wanted to post a few more of the gender prediction experiments today, but didn't feel like peeing on anything. :0) Luckily, there are several that can be done while I'm laying in bed at night getting ready to go to sleep. (Which is what I am doing right now after a day full of packing and sorting.) So, without the necessity of much more energy than I need to type, I can share a couple more of my "results" with you. Prepare to be amazed!  
 
The Ring Test
 
In this test you take your wedding ring and hang it from a chain/string/hair (I have seen all three posted in different "versions" of this old wive's tale) above your stomach. If it swings from side to side start painting the nursery blue! If it swings in a circular motion go stock up on some pink at Sherwin Williams! I used a chain, though I have no idea if that has any baring on the "test". 

I did this three different times, stopping the ring completely before I let it go again, and every single time it started moving it was in a side to side motion. If I go by this, we are expecting a little boy come August! I did this when I was pregnant with my son, but can't for the life of me remember if it swung or circled, so I have nothing to compare it to. :0)


First Word
 
This prediction method only works if you already have a child, so I apologize to all the first time mommies out there. The theory goes that if your previous child's first word was "Mama" you have a little lady in your future. If your child's first word was "Dada" then get ready for a little man. I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in this one. Daddy or "Dada" is statistically the more common first of the two to be said, but somehow women still manage to outnumber men these days. :0) Still, I'm including this for the sake of science!
 
According to this one, there is another little boy in my near future. Bubba said "Dada" shortly after he turned 6 months old, and was 8 months before he bothered with "Mama". 


The Breast Test
 
The way this old wive's tale goes if a pregnant woman’s left breast is larger than the right breast, she’s having a sweet little girl.  If the right breast is larger, it’s a bouncing baby boy. I wonder if that means twins if they are the same size? Either way, I asked my husband's opinion on this one. I want him to feel involved after all. ;0) According to him my right breast is "much larger", which would mean another little boy, but he went on to say "But it always is!". Perhaps I am destined to have all sons? 
 
I guess if my husband is right and my right breast is always larger than this prediction method was correct with my son too. 
 
 
And let's see...one more for tonight I think...
 
 
The Bread Test 
 
Possibly the most random I have read about so far, the bread test determines your baby's gender based on what part of the bread you prefer to eat. If you are one of those people who loves the heel of the bread, congrats! It's a boy! Prefer your bread from the middle of the loaf? It's a girl! I haven't ever been a huge fan of the ends of a loaf, which would mean a little girl for us in 25 weeks. But, it's not a preference that has changed at any point in my life either, so it was certainly incorrect with my son, who I ate quite a bit of bread with. (For several weeks there toast was all I could keep down with him.) 
 
 
That's all for now, but remember to send me some ideas if you know of any fun prediction methods I can use! I'm actually enjoying this little experiment of mine! And, in case you were wondering the score so far it is 4 predictions for a boy and 2 for a little girl! (With one, the heart rate prediction method, that could be either or at this point.)
 
 
Photobucket

No comments: