Friday, October 15, 2010

Flashback Friday: More Fall

This week I will be continuing with the theme I started last week and flashing back to last Fall at around this time. It was Bubba's first Fall, Daddy was in lands far, far away, and I was taking as many pictures as physically possible so that Daddy wouldn't feel like he had missed on minute of his son's life! 
 
We didn't go to any pumpkin patches last year, but made the trek to Wal-Mart to pick out 3 beautiful pumpkins! A Mommy Pumpkin, a Daddy Pumpkin, and a little Baby Bubba Pumpkin. I never got around to carving the larger two, because in addition to experiencing his first Fall, Bubba was also getting his first teeth, (and I had bought the pumpkins very late in the season, only about a week before Halloween) but we managed to find one happy, tooth free day in which to carve our Baby Bubba Pumpkin. Of course, being his first pumpkin, a had to take a ton of photographs!



He wasn't too sure about all the pumpkin "guts", and for such a small pumpkin there were a ton of guts, but he has always been a very brave little boy, and dove right in...


...He didn't look too sure about it though...


I had spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to carve Bubba's first pumpkin. I wanted it to be something special and something unique. I wracked my brain trying to figure out something creative that I had never seen done before. Finally it came to me hat I didn't need to look any further for inspiration that my own tiny son...and thus his first pumpkin was born!







 
Flashback Friday Button
Come join in the fun!
 


Photobucket

2 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

That is THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Seriously.

Mrs. Mommy said...

Thank you. :0)