Monday, March 21, 2016

Fail

I failed. I failed, and I am sorry to my family members who have expressed how much they like reading my daily posts and seeing the pictures I include. I meant to write every day, and I haven't, and I suck.

Okay, I don't suck. I've just been busy. That's life. It happens, and it is okay. I fell off the writing horse, but I'm back on now. I've missed it, even though I have been trying to write at least a little something every day, even if it wasn't on here. 

We really have been busy! Alex is still visiting with us.The children are in some kind of Heaven having her here! Michael and I are both really enjoying the extended visit too. We might go crazy some day and go out on a date. Like a real one. With only us adults. 

We're working on getting Eleanor's room more "Eleanor's Room" and less "Storage For All Our Crap". I can't wait to post pictures when it is done. It's Harry Potter themed, you know, so it's going to be amazing. (I wanted so badly to write "It's going to be magical." just then. Because I'm a dork.) We've even painted a giant, golden mirror. It's grand. 

We have more visitors headed our way in just a couple of weeks! Uncle Ivy and Trenton will be here April 1st, and we are all over the moon to see them. It has been far, far too long!

June will again bring us visitors in the form of Aunt Harmony and Kylie. This is a complete surprise from the littles. They are going to lose their minds. Not only is Aunt Harmony one of their favorite people in the world, but they've never had this many visitors in the same year before. I love that they have the opportunity to be surrounded by so much family this year!

We're still waiting to find out what happens with us. We don't know if we'll still be living here in six months, will be moving up to Denver, will be in another state entirely...We have no clue, and I hate it. I hate my life and my family's life being up in the air like this. I get it. We're a military family. It's "what we do". I'm still allowed to hate it. I like roots and stability and familiarity, and we haven't had much of that in the last two years. I'm not a fan, but we will adapt and bloom where we are planted. There really isn't another choice.

I've been toying with the idea of a name change for the blog. After all, we have a bit more pink in our lives now. We might have more in the future. I am not sure. It's just an idea I'm playing with for now.

I'll write more. I enjoyed writing daily, and I have noticed an obvious increase in my anxiety and restlessness since I stopped. We can't have that!



Parker was Star Student at school a couple of weeks ago. We took several pictures of him representing his favorite things for his poster. I can't believe this boy is mine, but I love it! I love that he loves his team, no matter what, even knowing that his mommy doesn't. Lots of kids out there would just go along with their parent's team, but not mine! He marches to the beat of his own drummer, and in this case his drummer plays in "the best damn band in the land"! I'm okay with this. Don't tell him though. He is convinced his team choice has broken my heart and crushed me, and that it gets worse every time his team beats mine in anything. He thinks our "rivalry" is hilarious, and I love it! 

No comments: