Friday, June 6, 2014

The Gender Prediction Project Two: Part Five

I still have a little over 4 months to go, but I'm burning through methods of prediction quickly, so if you have any ideas you'd like to see me try, please put them in the comments. I'm game for almost anything. ;) I'm having a lot of fun with these so far, and I'd like to keep them going until October.

Let's jump right into this week's post!



Daddy's Weight

In a nice turn of events for a pregnant lady, this old wive's tale makes Daddy get on the scale. The way this old wive's tale goes, if Daddy gains weight during the pregnancy you will be expecting a little boy. However, if he maintains his pre-pregnancy weight it will be a little girl. Don't ask me how it works. I'm not sure. I know that it was correct with Parker. As a matter of fact, Daddy is the only one who gained weight during that pregnancy. (Which, I have to admit, tickled me a bit.) With Sebastian, this proved to be an incorrect method of prediction. (Though, with Michael in Afghanistan, I had no way of checking up on him. I took his word on it. I trust him though.) So far, this method of prediction has a 50% accuracy rate for us.

This time around, Michael reports that he has maintained his pre-pregnancy weight so far. I have no reason not to believe him, so that means we should be getting ready for our first little girl. Of course, with 4 months left to go in this pregnancy, that could change. ;)


Nipple Color

As this story goes, if the color of your areola has darkened considerably it can tell you the sex of your new bundle of joy. If you notice a considerable darkening you can expect a little boy. No change, and a little girl should be on the way. This one is terribly easy for me, because my normal pigment is something between bleach white and fresh blinding snow, but it might be harder on someone who actually has some color regularly. 

This is actually one of those predictions that has been 100% correct with both boys! I have a very noticeable change during my pregnancies, though the change hasn't lasted either time. (Because I am so pale I'm practically see through. Lol.) This time I noticed the change much earlier than I had before. By six weeks there was a considerable difference in my coloring, and it doesn't seem to be stopping. Based on that, we are expecting another little boy this Fall.  


Front or Back?

Sorry to ask this, but how are you carrying your extra weight? All in the bump and you can proudly say that you are expecting a little boy. All in the rump and a little lass is headed in your direction. No one should ever, ever make a prediction based on whether or not your rear end is getting wider, or if they do they most certainly should not tell you about it, but I get the impression that the Old Wives had no issue saying whatever popped into their head. (I can't be the only one who has noticed that many of these predictions have to do with the mother's looks getting better or worse, and I can just picture some crotchety old bitty happily informing young mums that they were going to have a girl based on the widening of their bums!)

Regardless of the political correctness of this particular prediction method, I can report that it does have 100% accuracy rate for us so far! I carried both boys way, way out front. There at the end of my pregnancies I resembled a fun house mirror reflection. Though I still have awhile to go this pregnancy, I have been very obviously out in front for several weeks already. I feel wide, but if you look at me it appears that I am smuggling an award winning watermelon under my shirt. Based on this Old Wive's tale, we're having another little boy this time too.


Show Me Your Hands!

Because it will let us know the sex of your unborn baby! I can't think of the last time in my every day life that I have had someone ask me to show them my hands, but if I were to present my hands palms up in would apparently mean that I was expecting a little girl. If I thrust my hands forward palms down I would be having a boy. I'm not sure I understand the science behind this one (or any of them for that matter), but it was incorrect with both boys anyways. 

It turns out my instincts are still to present my palms upward, meaning that we should be getting ready to welcome a little girl in 4 months or so.  



The total number of boys vs. girls in this post stands at two for a little girl and two for a little boy in a 50/50 split. If I add that to the previous predictions we have ten predictions for a little girl against a very impressive nineteen predictions for a little boy so far. It would appear that the odds are favoring a little more blue in my house come October. What do you think? Do you have any more Old Wive's Tales you would like me to try out? Leave them in the comments, and we'll see if you can sway the odds any. :)


Sneaky Momma Blog Design

*Disclaimer: This, and all posts for The Gender Prediction Project, is something I am doing for fun. I am not a doctor, and I make no claims that these methods of sex prediction work. This should in no way shape or form be taken seriously. Please do not go out and buy clothes, furniture, toys, paint, or wallpaper based on any of the prediction methods you see here. These blog posts should be taken with a grain of salt, and if you choose to participate in them along with me, realize that there is no way to know the sex of your baby 100% until they are in your arms and you are looking at the evidence with your own two eyes. Even ultrasounds can be wrong, so join in at your own risk! ;) Happy predicting!*


Photobucket

No comments: