Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Pin A Week: Catching Up

Believe it or not, I have been working on my Pin A Week project that I set out to do when Michael deployed again. I just have been really bad about posting said projects. I am a busy lady, and sometimes (Well, most of the time.) blogging takes a back seat to everything else, including just laying in my bed and vegging out at the end of the day.

However, I am pretty proud of what I have been doing the last few weeks, so I certainly want to take the time to get pictures and instructions posted. Right now I'm just going to take the chance to show you a finished project I have done which was the result of several different projects coming into one.
 


I finally got this hung up in Sebastian's room. It only took 9 months. lol. To be fair, I haven't actually been working on it for 9 months, but it's been on my arts and crafts to do list since he was born. I'm actually really pleased with how this turned out. 

Like I said, it is the accumulation of several different projects, some of which I hope to be posting soon. I was too excited to wait to show this though.

I did the flowers and leaves using this tutorial. (Which I found on Pinterest, of course.) I did the letters without taking any pictures at all...sorry. I plan on making some letters for my nieces in the same manner though, and I will take pictures then and be sure to post them. (Update: I made Mod Podge letters for my nieces and posted a blog about it here. The only difference is that I hot glued ribbon on the back of these so that I could hang them.) The nest was my own idea and creation, and I will try to do a post about it as well soon. 

I still have a little owl I am making to put on the branch, and I'll post a picture when it is completely finished then. (Sebastian's room is done in owls.)



Sneaky Momma Blog Design

 Photobucket

No comments: