Thursday, April 12, 2012

Is That God?

I had one of the best conversations I've ever had with my big guy today. It at least made it into the top 5. I would like to take a moment to say, yet again, what a blessing my oldest is. Every day he makes me look at the world in a new and different way...and today was no exception.

We were in line at the BX with a friend of ours. Now, growing up on a military base, it is rare that Parker ever even sees a man with facial hair, much less hair longer than a quarter inch or so on their head. Of course, we get husbands, children and other dependents that live on base and work places, including the BX. The man checking us out had very long hair, longer than mine, though well kept and shiny. Parker studied him for a moment, then turned to me with a very serious expression on his face. Sure that he was about to ask me, in a very loud voice, if he was a man or a woman, I was ill prepared for what he asked instead. Serious and almost in awe, he goes:

"Mommy, is that GOD?!"

I feel terrible, because I burst out laughing. Parker was looking at me like I was slightly crazy, and still waiting for an answer. I started to say no, of course not, but then I realized who knows? Maybe God likes to come down and mingle with us poor wives at the BX check out line. Probably not, but I couldn't give him a certain no either. Instead I responded with an "I don't know, but I don't THINK so." That seemed the safest answer. Don't want to offend God after all.

My "baby" will be 3 in 15 minutes. *sniff*


Photobucket

No comments: