Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Pin A Week Until Daddy Comes Home

Well, we're doing it again. Another one of those deployment things. I'm thrilled. *enter sarcasm here* I would be lying if I didn't admit it would be tempting just to go home again. The quality time that the boys could spend with family...I thought about it. And decided against it. It's not the best thing for myself or the boys. I like us having our own home. Our own spit. Even if it is a million miles away from where we all want to be. I'd hate to give up our little house here. Even if I don't like where it is, I like our home. 

The key to getting through any deployment is to keep busy. And I'm going to do this by making this little house more of a home. Putting up some more pictures, decorations, maybe getting a rug or two...I've I've decided to start my own little challenge. Figured I would post it on here in case someone wanted to join along. Could be fun. :0)


Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably at least heard of Pinterest. If not, check it out. It's a great way to waste a few hours a day. :0) Or many weeks.  Which is what I kind of plan on doing. The idea is this: a pin a week until Daddy comes home. Every week I'm going to pick a project I think looks neat on Pinterest and I'm going to tackle it. Good, bad, or ugly, I'll then post it here. It might not always be a success, but I am hoping I'll have several little projects to be proud of when Michael comes marching home.

You don't have to be in the middle of a deployment to join in. Anyone can do it. You don't even have to do it every week. Just join in every once in awhile when you are feeling crafty. You can link up while chuckling over my weekly adventures. :0)

I'll be starting this little adventure soon. I certainly hope to see some of you with me. Keep your eye out. This should be fun. And, hopefully, it will make the time fly by.


Sneaky Momma Blog Design

Photobucket

No comments: