Sunday, October 2, 2011

Scripture Sunday: Mark 8:36

It has been far too long since I have done a Scripture Sunday...over a year I am ashamed to say. It is something I really want to get back into, because it is something near and dear to my heart. God has so blessed me, the least I can do is share His word once a week on my blog. Besides, it is a good opportunity for me to review and reflect on His word and His message. Aw, now I sound all preachy, but it's true none the less. So, here we go again. Please feel free to enjoy and join in if you'd like!

Being back on base is very much like being in High School again. Now, please don't get the wrong idea. Not everyone  is like that at all, but there are cliques to be a part of and games to play in order to get ahead. It really stinks, because if there is anyone who isn't a social butterfly, it's me. Unfortunately, my lack of social ability can also hurt Michael's career, so I am faced once again with the need to play "the game". I really hate that.

I am apparently too honest. I guess that makes people uncomfortable, and I know that there are some things I could be a little less...vocal...about. But I don't want to change who I am to make everyone else happy. I don't want that to be the lesson my boys learn in life. It's a very precarious tight rope to be walking and I can't say it's much fun. Sometimes it seems it would be easier to just become what "they" want me to be instead of trying to figure out the delicate balance between keeping me and still being socially acceptable as a Sargent's wife. 

Which brings us to this week's scripture I suppose:


Mark 8:36

What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?


I know that I am not the only one who has to try to play this "game" in life. I'm not the only one who spends time trying to figure out if they should be who they are or who everyone else wants me to be. As usual, God has a very simple answer for me, if only I'll listen. :0)

Sneaky Momma Blog Design


Photobucket

No comments: