Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Great 35

Nope, I'm not 35 years old or anything, but I did a post like this on my other blog when I hit this milestone with my son. I felt I should do it now too. Today I am 35 weeks pregnant. It is also 35 days until my due date. Pretty neat, huh?

I think I am as ready as I can be. I don't have my belly cast done yet, but my bags are packed, my pre-admissions paperwork is filled out and I'm in the mindset of "I'm going to have this baby soon". I'm still a little scared and worried. How is Parker going to handle it? Will labor go the way I would like it too? But, in the end, none of these are things I can predict ahead of time. They are all things we'll just have to wait and see.

So now we wait.

It really could be any day now. At my appointment yesterday I had some spotting. Because of this they ran several tests and checked my cervix. While I'm not ruptured at all, I am already 1cm and 80% thinned out. The 1cm isn't that big of a deal, but the midwife said she wished my cervix wasn't quite so thin yet. Of course, I think I was at about 80% thinned out with Bubba for several weeks before he arrived. 

Still, I have felt for a very long time that this baby isn't going to stay in for 40 weeks. S/he is too eager to be out and see what is going on in the world. And to meet Parker. Legs doesn't react to anyone the way s/he reacts when s/he hears Big Brother's voice! 

I imagine what their relationship will be like, and hope it is as good as I picture it. Boy or girl, I think Parker will be an amazing brother to his sibling, and I am sure that they will just adore him. (How could you not, after all?)

So, I am hoping I have at least a couple more weeks. We are not so sure though. My family is all treating me like I might break now, which is both kind of nice and super irritating. I really can get my own glass of water. I don't think walking to the sink will put me into labor.

Of course, you never know. :0)

Photobucket

No comments: