Friday, May 27, 2011

Flashback Friday: Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow is my 6 year wedding anniversary. With material like that, it wasn't hard to decide what I was going to flash back to this Friday. I've known my husband for 11 years and in January we will have been together for 10 of those, but tomorrow, May 28th, marks the anniversary of the day I became his Mrs.

Of course, this year it is bittersweet because he is gone. When we got married he wasn't in the military yet, so it never crossed my mind that we'd be spending anniversaries apart. The trend started early though, as he left for BMT on the day of our 2nd anniversary back in 2007. So it's kind of a double anniversary for us every year since. 6 years ago he became my husband, 4 years ago he became a hero. I am so proud and blessed to be his wife.

But, this Flashback isn't about the military, it's about my wedding day, and so I'll get to that instead of lamenting the distance between us this year! After all, distance is just a number to two hearts linked like ours. And, as I said, I am so very proud of him!

Exchanging our rings. I have never taken mine off either, until recently in this pregnancy. I've lost so much weight in my hands that it was slipping off and I was scared to death of losing it. So for now it is around my neck, as his is while he is deployed.

 The lighting of the unity candle.

My favorite kiss picture from that day out on the steps of the church. God, I love this man!

Odd at first glance, this picture is an inside joke for the men. The pastor had told my brother, Storm, (far right and 16 at the time) to just do exactly what the best man, Buddy, (far left) did at all times. I think it gave Buddy a bit of a power trip, because he started doing weird things just to see if Storm would go along with it. That's why they are all posed like this in this picture...to look like Buddy exactly, despite their lack of cameras.

Us ladies, on the other hand, were all business. Though my sister, Harmony, (the little one who was 10 then and who towers over me now) was scared to death walking down the isle. My sister-in-law, Courtney, (far left) was my single bride's maid. My cousin and future Godmother to my children, Alex, (far right with her hands on Harmony's shoulders) was an amazing maid of honor. She was 15 at the time, but was the driving force keeping me calm, cool, and collected in the time leading up to the wedding!

Our first dance as husband and wife. Come What May. (Our second dance was done to the Moulin Rouge version of Your Song...which is our song. We wanted our first dance to be longer though, so chose Come What May to dance to first.)

Even Michael Bear and Holly Bear, my first two Build-a-Bears ever, got in on the action! It wouldn't be my wedding unless teddy bears were involved. 



Come join in the Flashback Fun!

Photobucket

No comments: