Saturday, May 28, 2011

Anniversary & Ultrasounds

Today was my husband and my six year wedding anniversary...and I'm not going to lie, it really stunk. I know it's not the "strong" thing to admit, but it was really horrible having him so far away for our anniversary. I also, unlike many of my military wife counterparts, don't mind admitting that I am scared to death for him on a regular basis, and I would be lying if I didn't say that I thought to myself at least once today 'What if I never see him again?'

That being said, it didn't ruin my day. I didn't dwell on it. It's a part of the lifestyle and you get through the hard days and move on, but it really did stink. It's not our first anniversary spent apart, nor will it probably be our last, but knowing that doesn't make it a whole lot easier sometimes. Still, I remind myself that, for now, he is OK. He will be home soon, and this is just one day of many that we have to get through. And will. So many other people have it so much worse, especially on a weekend like this one. It's hard to feel sorry for yourself when you know there are women out there celebrating Memorial Day at services to honor their fallen husbands.

Besides, today was also the day of our make-up 3D/4D ultrasound!

I was really, really worried that he baby wouldn't cooperate again. After all, this is my child we are talking about. Add his/her Daddy into that and we are bound to have one stubborn baby. (Well, we already have one. I am sure we now have two.) At first it looked like my fears were going to become reality. Not content to bury his/her face in my placenta again, this time Little Legs just made sure that we could predominately see all 10 fingers and toes...right in front of his/her face. It didn't look like we were going to be able to do much about it either.

However, my children inherited their stubborn streak from somewhere, and despite what I usually say it wasn't all from their Daddy. I too have a little bit of a bull head on my shoulders, and with a little wiggling, prodding, and shifting we ended up with some darn good pictures if I do say so myself! What a great anniversary present from Legs to Mommy and Daddy!

I don't have them all ready to post at all, but I can post a small collage I did while Parker napped today.

 
As you can see, s/he already has an amazing grin, and I already have a "First Smile' picture for the baby book. It was a win win situation for everyone involved. :0)

I got to share it with my grandmother, mother, sister, grandfather, and son too, which made it 100x as sweet! I wish my cousin had been able to come again, but I will send her lots of pictures!

For the record, Parker still insists, quite adamantly, that the baby is a girl. Any suggestion otherwise and he tends to look at you like you are crazy or give you a scowl and say "No. Sister! Girl!" I am eager to see if he's right. Either way would be absolutely fine with me, of course, but I have also had a very strong "girl" feeling since the beginning and I am eager to see if my Mothers Instinct is off or not.

Which reminds me, I need to do another Gender Prediction Project post soon. They were a lot of fun, and I still have quite a few Old Wive's Tales to get through before August.


Photobucket

No comments: