Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Ear Itches...

...and I bet you're thrilled to know that little piece of information! It was what was on my mind when I was typing the title of this blog though, so there it is. You never know what you're going to get when you come here. I'm always working to keep you on your toes. 

And now to get on with it...
 
 I had this big, long blog about how I had nothing to write about...and then Bubba did what he does and just did himself...and I realized that I always have something to write about, even if no one else wants to read it. 

My son is amazing. I know that most parents feel that way, but truly, my son is amazing, and I think I would feel that way even if he wasn't mine. At one, some of the best and most engaging conversations I have are with him. (To be fair, he is one of the only people I do talk to daily...but I am not lying when I say that he is a better conversationalist than many of the other adults I run into and have tried to communicate with.) He doesn't talk to me in a couple of words, but will spout off in depth, detailed paragraphs...of which I understand most of what he says. Already today we have discussed, in detail, sports, spiders, bugs, potties, cheeze-its, Daddy, and the dog. Now he's in his room laying down for his nap, and I am happily listening to him through the monitor as he reads to his lovies...a book about polar bear babies today. 

Every day he picks out a book for nap. He then crawls into bed and I tuck the blankets around him as he opens his latest treasure and he reads to himself and his "friends" before he falls asleep. Sometimes it's the same book several days in a row, and sometimes it's a different book every afternoon. Some days he wants me to read to him first, and some days he dismisses me so that he can get to it on his own. :0) Since we also read several times throughout the day, I'm not worried those days that I don't get to read to him right before his nap. I know we'll make up for it later, if we haven't already by reading his entire literature collection in the morning.

I love being a Mommy. I love, even more, being his Mommy! I'm such a lucky lady! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

I love this post and I think it is so great that you love being a mommy! And I have to say the title totally made me laugh. I hate when my eair itches! :)

Anonymous said...

Lol, I always say that most kids have a bedtime story but Riley has a morning, mid-morning, afternoon, evening, and bedtime story, LOL!

Yay for awesome babies and yay for us <3