Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

What a fun, busy, filled weekend! I love four day weekends, and I hate when they're over. 

We had a great weekend as a family and with our friends! We got Parker some new cloth diapers, which makes me more excited than it probably should. Who would have thought I'd get addicted to fluff. I wonder if there are groups for this...

We got to go and see Eclipse, Michael, Ivy and I. Unlike the critics, I don't think it's the best of the three movies. Not to say it wasn't good, but there were several things that were not in line with the books (which are much better than the movies, by the way) and honestly the more I watch Kristen Stewart act the more I want to kick Bella out of the country, which I don't feel when reading about her. I'm just not feeling any kind of sympathy for Bella watching the movies. That being said, it was still a good movie, and I will still see the fourth whenever it comes out. (Though I hope next time I don't have a bunch of Team Jacob teenagers sitting behind me squealing every time he is on the screen without a shirt on...which was a lot...)

And, of course, it was the 4th of July weekend. I love the 4th. I think fireworks are one of the coolest things ever, and I half wish I'd got married on the 4th so that we could have fireworks every year for our anniversary! Or been born on the 4th. How cool would that be? 

The fireworks show in town was canceled due to an accident during set up. (Apparently a firework went off and then set off over 80% of the fireworks for the show) So, after our afternoon bar-b-q and kid's naps, we all piled into Ivy's truck to drive up to Meridian for the fireworks show. I was a wreck, knowing how badly people in Idaho drive on a normal day, much less the 4th of July, but Michael and Ivy got us up there safely. We then found an amazing location to spread out our blankets and have dinner. We could see the set up for the fireworks, and when they started they were going off almost directly over our heads. (Ivy, G, Michael and the boys all actually laid down to see them. I stayed sitting up to take pictures and video) 

Last year, at not quite 3 months old, Bubba had very quietly and with great interest observed the fireworks. Not something I had expected from my new baby, but it had made me happy to have him awake at all that late. This year I wasn't sure how he would react. He is usually very cool about loud noises (he has me as a mother after all) and new experiences, but I wasn't sure. After all, we were right there and they were very loud...and he did seem a little uncertain. He spent most of the show with a death grip on both his Daddy and my hands, but he was also watching with great interest and would occasionally add a "Boom! Boom!" when there was a particularly loud boom! The finale had everyone cheering and laughing, and Bubba clapped at the end with everyone else! 

It was a great time, with great friends! I have a couple of pictures to share now, but there will be more! Oh, there will be more!!!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Theres a 12 step group for everything, including fluff. :) Love your quote of the week, I needed that.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com