Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Death In The "Family"

It's hard to explain unless you've lived it. It's hard to make someone understand why reading a blog of a woman I've never met could make me lay my head down at the computer and sob. I don't know her, her daughter or her husband. They aren't even a part of the same military branch as we are...but if you are in the military you are part of a family. You are part of a group of people who all share the same fears, hardships, hopes, trials...and sometimes losses.

This week, a 23 year old mother and marine wife lost her husband in Afghanistan. There is a baby girl who will never meet a father who loved her. I, who am never at a loss for words, can think of nothing to say...because I know, in the same situation, nothing of use could be said to me. 

My love and prayers and tears go out to their family! God bless the wives and children and families who give up their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, daughters, sons, etc. God bless the Marines and Airmen and Soldiers and Sailors who give up so much, and sometimes everything so that people in this country can live the way they do...and sometimes show no appreciation for it at all.

God Bless the Porto Family, and keep them strong in their greatest time of need.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: