Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Doctor

Don't get too excited. It's not what you think. While I could write books about my love for Doctor Who, this post isn't it...Not exactly anyways.

Michael and I were talking about how old our pets are the other day. We are in agreement that, when they pass, we are ready to be catless for a long, long time, but we want the littles to grow up with a pet. We've agreed that we'll get another family dog when that time comes. Sometime during our conversation I told him that we should name this dog Doctor and build him a TARDIS dog house. I probably should have stopped there, but I was on a Doctor themed roll at that point, and proposed that, when Doctor too got old and passed, instead of telling the kids, we can just go buy another dog and tell them that The Doctor regenerated. Over the years we'd have discussions like "I think the 5th Doctor was my favorite!" or "Remember all those strange things the 11th Doctor would eat?" 

By the time I was done with my out loud brainstorming Michael was staring at me, wide eyed, and maybe a little impressed.

"That's brilliant! You need to post that online as some kind of parenting hack or something!" I just laughed at him, and it took awhile, but I've now shared this on Facebook and my blog. 

I'm not sure if we came up with the best or worst parenting hack ever, but we have established that we are 100% geeky.

I was going to try to find a picture to go with this post, so Googled "Doctor Who Dog". I am entirely impressed with some of the things the fandom has come up with! 





Hopefully we won't have to worry about this for quite awhile. I mean, our animals are only 17, 13, and 12. At least we have a back up plan now. 

No comments: