Friday, February 12, 2016

8,789 Words of Wisdom

In addition to 14,000 Things to be Happy About, I also have a little book called 8,789 Words of Wisdom that I like to randomly flip open to see what I can find. Today, lacking anything to write about outside of the 800 loads of laundry I did, I decided to see what it would land on that I might be able to branch off of. I found this:


Now, I don't particularly enjoy being a guest unless you are one of about three people. It's not so much that I am antisocial, though I most certainly can be that too, but it shoots my anxiety through the roof. I'm always sure that I will do something terribly wrong, say something horrible, or over stay my welcome. (Or a million other things that my overactive imagination decides will go wrong.) However, I love having friends and family come visit us, especially because we often have to go so long without seeing people we love. I wish that it happened more often. 

Luckily, for me, we'll be doing a bit of hosting over the next two months, and I'm pretty excited about all of it. Some of it will be for "Framily" we haven't seen in years! There are even going to be some surprise visitors that the boys are going to be just giddy about! I can't wait, and luckily I don't have to for long! 


No comments: