Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I hope that everyone had a Thanksgiving that was as wonderful as mine. I haven't been home for he holidays in several years, and it's even better than I remember. I miss having Michael around very, very much, but I am so happy that, if he has to be gone, we could take this opportunity to travel home for the holidays. Watching my boys experience the holidays surrounded by family fills my heart with unspeakable joy.

Aside from the usual magic of the holidays, my grandmother has always managed to add her own magical quality to the season that no one has ever been able to replicate for me. I've considered, once or twice since leaving home, that maybe it was just the innocence of childhood that made holidays at my grandmother's seem so extra special in comparison to anywhere else. I can now say that, no, it wasn't just because I was a child. Everything truly is more magical here. Hopefully I can bring some of that back with me so that we can have just as much fun next year in Colorado as we are having this year in Ohio.

 Beautiful table setting! The pictures truly do it no justice! It is because of my grandmother that I obsess over having enough table clothes for every occasion. My collection is growing slowly.


 Parker wrote out the place cards as part of school his last day before Thanksgiving Break. I think he did an amazing job, especially considering he had some long names to write that he's never written before.


The boys watched the Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade, complete with some marching of their own!


 The Kid's Table, complete with their own "candles".


 There is a story to this that involves the boys asking people to sit with them, a deep conversation about whose butt could fit, musings about someone's butt being large and bubbily, and Alex finding out that she fit!


 Dessert!


 Once merely a normal cloth napkin, this festive piece of holiday table wear got to spend part of its day as a superhero cape. There was much joy to be had by all involved!


 There is something amazing about watching people you love love your babies!


 A nice photobomb by Max.


 A tradition started with my Great-Grandfather. You always follow your guests out and wave until you can see them no longer. It is something I will always, always do, even in I have to drag myself out there using my teeth!


 I love this picture! It will be one of the first I print out and hang in our new home in Colorado!


Oh, and Luke is back!


Are you ready for the holidays?! They are most certainly upon us! Christmas music is playing 24 hours and on full blast in the van, and the countdown to Christmas has started in the head of all but the most Scrooge-Like. (And they are counting down too, just with dread.) I had decided to avoid Black Friday, but did pop out for a couple of hours in the afternoon to land a pretty awesome deal on Legos. I can't wait to see the faces of my children when they open them up Christmas morning! 

 Photobucket

No comments: