Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo

Perhaps you have heard of this little thing called NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. The idea is, in the month of November, to write a novel. Whatever comes to mind. Any subject matter is accepted just so long as you are writing. The goal is to write at least 50,000 words during the month of November. If you do that you are declared a NaNoWriMo winner. You don't really win anything outside of the satisfaction of having written a 50,000 word novel, but isn't that enough?

Both my cousin and my sister have participated in this in years past. I absolutely meant to do it last year, but between a new baby and health issues related to my gallbladder and pancreas, the month of November passed by without me having written a word. I was disappointed, but vowed that it wouldn't happen next year. Next year I would write something great!

And here we are! This year is upon me. In just a few minutes I will close my blog and start writing my NaNoWriMo novel. I have a vague idea of where I am going to start, no idea where I am going to finish, and a goal of at least 50,000 words. Let's see where this adventure takes me! Wish me luck. :)

Photobucket

No comments: