Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm back, and just in time for another Thankful Thursday!!! Did you miss me?!!!

To start off, I am thankful to have my computer back! The power cord, which had been going for some time now, finally died on me last week. While we waited for my new one, I was completely computerless. Not that I couldn't have used my husband's if I wanted, but I have mine set up just right for me. His feels like some kind of alien machine. I missed blogging, I missed keeping in touch with my family back home, I missed being able to just hop on and relax for a few minutes after putting Bubba down for his nap. I am very thankful to have my computer back!

 I am thankful that Bubba managed to keep all of his food down today. This is a big improvement on yesterday, when everything came up! I am assuming that he caught a bug from one of the disgusting kids at the gym. (They have a special room set aside for Mommies and Daddies with children. It has a play area right in the center of the room within site of all the equipment so that you can work out and keep an eye on your kids...Though most parents seem to think that the gate keeping them in is enough and that they don't have to watch to make sure their 10 year old doesn't clobber my 1 year old...but that's another topic all together.) The point is, I think he is getting better, and that is always something to be thankful for! The world is a darker place when he is sick, without his smile, laugh, and sparkling eyes to light it up!

WARNING! WARNING! TMI ALERT!!! IF YOU DISLIKE AN OVERABUNDANCE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR IF YOU ARE MALE, I SUGGEST YOU SKIP THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

For anyone still with me, I am thankful that, for the first time in 2 years, I appear to have started my period today! This is not something most women would be thankful for, so I feel the need to explain. Due to some of my medical issues (the explanation of which would take up several  blogs) my body produces an overabundance of Prolactin. To make a very long story short, my body thinks it is constantly pregnant and/or breastfeeding. Because of this, I don't have cycles. At all. Without cycles, it's impossible to get pregnant. There are medications to help with this, and last time I started them I started having periods within a month. Even still, they didn't know if I could get pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, but I showed them and now have a beautiful son to show for it. Fast forward, new doctor, new medication, but no cycles. I asked him about it on Monday when I saw him and he said that it would probably not come back until my Prolactin levels were in the normal range again (Normal is 0-8. Mine are in the high 70s.) and at the rate I was dropping that would take months and months, if not another year. Considering we were thinking of trying for Baby #2 sometime this Fall, that news left me feeling pretty down. I was in tears, telling my husband that my uterus was useless...But God always finds a way to kick me in my ass when I lose faith in Him, and I started today. Months ahead of schedule. So, an un-female as it is, I am thankful for that. 

IT IS SAFE TO READ AGAIN!!! THANK YOU FOR YOU COOPERATION!

I am thankful for my husband and son. I just watched my son walk over to his Daddy, who was sitting on the floor rubbing his own feet, and start rubbing his Daddy's feet just like I rub his. It was one of the sweetest things I've seen in awhile. It brought me to tears, though that could just be my hormones.
I am thankful tomorrow is Friday!

I am thankful to all of you, who listen to my blogging rambles!


I am Crazy About The Nut House

Join Us For Thankful Thursday

Photobucket

No comments: